Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Spiritual Nourishment

Tonight, we had our first student-led Bible study session. We started with introductions, icebreakers, and then sang worship songs. I felt joy and got goosebumps when we were singing the songs because they were familiar ones: Mighty to Save, Amazing Grace, Trading My Sorrows, and Breathe.

The discussion tonight was about God sighting--where we saw God in the places we've recently visited, or what these places have taught us about God. It was so moving hearing my fellow SAS-ers share how they recognized God's presence in the different situations they were in while touring Russia and Germany.

I absolutely loved it. My heart is just so happy right now knowing I have a "church family" here on the ship. We will be having small groups as well, so we can have accountability partners and people we can regularly meet up with throughout the week. There is something about spending time with people who share the same faith as you do. I feel as if I have a support group I can always run to, a body of believers who love the same God.

Not only that, but last week, we also had a Women's Bible Study group! This particular group, as what the name implies, is exclusively for girls. It's so comforting to know that I have a group of God-loving ladies I can confide in, too, helping me grow and become a better daughter of Christ while on this journey.

These two groups are answers to my prayers. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment