Saturday, September 14, 2013

Belgium, Birthday, Bikes


 Here it is! How I spent my birthday in Belgium:

Belgian hot chocolate to start my morning! 
During the day, a couple of my friends and I went out and explored the quaint city of Antwerp. How is it possible to fall in love with a city in a day? I feel like I would be saying this in each new city we visit. But as we were walking down the European cobblestoned streets of Antwerp, I kept telling my friends how everything was just so pretty.

Antwerp
Since Belgium prides itself for its delicious Belgian chocolates and waffles, we made sure we didn't skip out on those sweet treats. I love chocolates, like, I really do. So imagine my level of happiness when I found myself surrounded by Belgian chocolate shops! It got even higher when I was served my Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. Haaay. Sarap.

Omnomnomnom
But what made this day even sweeter was getting to do the ultimate European experience: Biking all over the city. For 6 Euros ($8; 350PhP), we could rent bikes for 3 hours. We didn't have set plans for the day, so we just went with the flow and decided to try our skill in bicycling. 


It was probably one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life so far. I've always liked biking around our street when I was younger, but never did I ever take my bike beyond the gates of our neighborhood. So honestly, I was initially a bit hesitant about the whole biking around the city. But you know what they say... YOLO. (eh) 

With my friend, Liz, ready to go and explore the city on our badass rides 
I am so glad I went through with it! Who knows when I could bike my way around Antwerp again?? So that's just what we did. We traveled all over the city on two wheels, and loved every minute of it. It was as if we paid 6 Euros for a tour of a great majority of the city. Such a sweet deal. 

While I was biking, I was actually having a silent casual conversation with God. My heart was just filled with so much gratitude and joy that I couldn't help but thank Him right then and there, and tell Him how I sometimes still can't believe this is my reality at the moment. 

The birthday girl holding her happy birthday sign hehe

Dinner and drinks followed later that night to cap such a wonderful day. This time, I tried the famous Belgian beer, Stella Artois! Parang ate Stella ko lang diba? Pero dapat sa kanya Stella Arte. Hehehe joke lang ate, love you! It was a fun and very chill night, as we sat outside the bars and cafes, enjoying the cool September breeze. Thank You, Lord. Just, thank You. :)

Now, I am in Paris, ready for another set of new adventures! Allons!

Here we go!

2 comments: