Thursday, September 12, 2013

Birthday Eve (take 2)

Ok, so I think the text/format of my Birthday Eve post didn't upload correctly. Here is the complete text:

Tonight during dinner, I was surprised with a birthday cake brought in by the kuya waiters in the dining hall, followed by a singing of the Happy Birthday song both in English and in Tagalog. I am a hundred percent positive that my cheeks were all flushed while the crowd in the dining hall looked on and while my friends at the table took photos. It was that awkward moment where you can't stop smiling but don't really know where to look when everyone was singing happy birthday to you!

But I didn't care, I was happy :) I honestly didn't expect anything like this because (a) my birthday isn't til tomorrow, and (b) I've only known these people for 3 weeks. But my amazing roommate made sure I felt special on my special day. She decided to arrange this small sweet surprise to happen on the eve of my birthday, because we will be out on land in Belgium tomorrow for my actual birthday. She wanted to make sure I still had a "ship birthday" celebration. I told you she was amazing!

I'm so thankful that wherever I am, and wherever I go, God puts people in my life who make my days a little sweeter than usual.

P.S. Time now is 11:55pm, September 11th. 5 minutes til my birthday! I am currently 6 hours behind Manila time, and 7 hours ahead of Missouri time. This is set for the rest of our stay in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment