Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sailing to Salvador

I know I said my next posts would be on my adventures in Africa, buuut.. I haven't quite gotten around to that yet. I've been slacking. GUILTY.

Right now I'm in another cafe (surprise, surprise) with two of my friends in Salvador, Brazil! We left Rio de Janeiro 4 days ago, and was in transit at sea for 2 days on the way here. A lot of students and faculty members did overland from Rio to Salvador, so there were only about 250 out of the 700+ people on the ship during our transit, which was so nice! It was like sailing on a private yacht!

The transit was so much fun because my whole group of friends, except for Jess, stayed on the ship for the sail to Salvador, too. And since it was just a transit between two cities in one country, we didn't have classes those whole two days on the ship! We played sardines, card games, took photos, did girl's night, and basically took advantage of having the MV Explorer to ourselves. 

Here are some photos from our two free days at sea :)


Girls Night at Cabin 3053: Playing M.A.S.H.  (P.S. I ended up "marrying" my Ship Crush hihihi)

Using the ship's elevator bar as my ballet barre


Squished in a bathroom stall for Sardines
Kaitlyn and Kacey sliding down the stair #funtimes
Fine Dining Night!
SAS: 50 years of impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment