Saturday, November 2, 2013

Amazing Grace

As we begin a new month (is it really November already?!) I thought it was just right to start it off with a Bible devotion my friend shared with a couple of us tonight, from a book called "Jesus Calling":

"Do not be discouraged by the difficulty of keeping your focus on Me. I know that your heart's desire is to be aware of My Presence continually. This is a lofty goal; you aim toward it but never fully achieve it in this life. Don't let feelings of failure weigh you down. Instead, try to see yourself as I see you. First of all, I am delighted by your deep desire to walk closely with Me through your life. I am pleased each time you initiate communication with Me. In addition, I notice the progress you have made since you first resolved to live in My Presence.

When you realize that your mind has wandered away from Me, don't be alarmed or surprised. You live in a world that has been rigged to distract you. Each time you plow your way through the massive distractions to communicate with Me, you achieve a victory. Rejoice in these tiny triumphs, and they will increasingly light up your days." 

As I continue to go from port to port, city to city, country to country, and from continent to continent, I sometimes find myself drowning in the hustle and bustle of it all. This constant travel is an adventure, for sure, but I will be the first one to admit that finding some "me time" that I can share with God is very challenging when you live in an environment that is always up and about. 

I do not want to lose sight of one my biggest goals on this voyage: to further grow spiritually as I deepen my faith while exploring and getting to witness the beauty of God's creation in different places. My faith is a very important aspect in my life. More than halfway into this semester, I am realizing I need to do better in staying close to God and striving to be the best Christian He wants me to be, while on SAS, and even as I disembark on December and live my life outside the ship. 

Thankfully, my God is a faithful and loving Father that even when I am distracted by the world, He makes sure I can still come back to His loving arms, and return my focus on Him. 

What an amazing God I serve! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment