Sunday, October 6, 2013

This and That

Hi everyone!

As I've mentioned before, keeping this blog updated per port is becoming a bit of a challenge as my load of school work has become heavier since we are approaching mid terms.

As I am writing this, I have two papers waiting to be written, three chapters + five articles waiting to be read, visual journal pages to create, and a set of photos waiting to be edited for a class portfolio. No matter how much fun I have when I go out and adventure in the different countries we go to, I have to face the reality that I am still a student, and as a student, my top priority is still my academics. Le sigh.

Don't get me wrong, though--I will still keep writing about my experiences in every port, but posting them might take a while. I still have pending posts from Ireland, Portugal, Spain, and now Morocco as we leave tonight and sail for Ghana next. Hopefully I can get caught up once we cross the Atlantic Ocean from South Africa to Argentina at the end of this month. We have almost 2 weeks just at sea during that time (I know, yikes!!), so I really hope that will give me enough time to cover all bases on my Europe and Africa posts!

I hope y'all understand! Thanks for reading!

Feel free to email me whatever and whenever :)

Love,
Laura

P.S. Have you guys seen the movie "The Impossible"? If you haven't, you really should. I watched it for the first time last night, and found myself in tears in a lot of the scenes. The film is based on a family's real life experience during the devastating 2004 South Asia tsunami. I didn't expect to cry at all! Maybe a part of it was the fact that I'm currently not with my family right now and that my emotions were probably a bit more fragile seeing a very touching and heart tugging family centered movie haha. But yeah, it's definitely worth watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment