Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Greetings From Ghana!

Yes, I survived this past school week at sea, despite going through exams and papers that were seriously out to get me and my insanity. 8 days just at sea can do things to you...

Anyway--

We arrived in Ghana this morning, at the Port of Takoradi! It's only our first day and I've already had such an incredible experience after an afternoon of drumming and dancing with Ghanaian locals! Omg it was awesome, but more on that later!

I wanted to post an entry tonight for two reasons: (1) We've arrived in a new destination and (2) I RECEIVED A POSTCARD TODAY!! :)

I was walking back to my room earlier this evening, and found a lovely postcard waiting for me by my door. At first I thought it was for my roommate, but when I flipped the card, I saw my name on it!! 

So to Elizabeth Charlotte who sent the postcard from Wellesley College-- THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :) Your postcard made my day!! Hopefully I read your name right and that it is Elizabeth! Lol (Apparently, I did not!! Haha) Like you, I absolutely love getting "real mail", as what you've written, so receiving yours today was incredibly wonderful. The image on the postcard was lovely, but your message was lovelier :) I am psyched you are a happy reader of my blog! Hopefully you get to read this! I would love to send you a personal email (and a postcard!) as well, so if you're reading this, email me your mailing address if you don't mind :)

Yup, definitely a great first day in Ghana!


No comments:

Post a Comment